Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Surprise Gift For My Mom

Every couple of months I mail my mom a box of things I collect for her, and in this last box I included a Mini-Book I made especially for her in one of her favorite colors.

I started with a simple 3-1/4" by 4-1/2" mini composition notebook you can get almost anywhere. 


I picked out washi tape and pattern paper in colors that looked good together and started by covering the book spine in 5 layers of gray polka dot washi tape. 


Then I used strategically cut the pattern paper so the green flower would be prominent, and used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the book cover and back. 



Next I began decorating the inside covers of the book. I used a green lace washi tape and a Basic Grey Journaling piece that looks like a bookplate on the inside front cover. 


I used the same lace washi tape on the back cover along with a glassine envelope and a mini-kraft tag. 

To finish the project, I scallop cut a piece of solid green cardstock and glued it along the left side, added Martha Stewart Note Tabs every 20 pages to create dividers, and adhered a green heart shaped button in the center of the flower. Here's three views of the finished product; the finished back cover and 2 photos of the finished front cover.....



If you like this unique mini-book, head over to my etsy.com store and see the others I made that are for sale.  Here's the link: 

Or get inspired and make one! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment