Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mini-Books Galore!

I saw this really beautiful new product made by Scotch Products 3M called Expressions Tape on a blog somewhere where the blogger was stamping on it (which I'm definitely going to try... I put it on my Craft To Do List which is way too long!), so I bought 4 of the 6 available colors; Red, Purple, Green and Pink.

About the same time, I found these mini-composition books and at a discount store.

I covered the spine of each book with 6 layers of the Expressions Tape, which even though it says it's removable (which it is) it held firmly in place. When I used Mod Podge glue to adhere the pattern papers to the front and back covers on the book, there was some overlap onto the Expressions Tape, so there's no chance it will ever come loose now. Here's one of my finished products;


On this Mini-Book, I felt it needed more color on the cover so I added a strip of the same Expressions Tape   on the front along with a green scalloped strip of paper to make the tape look scalloped as well.


Here are Mini-Books I did using the other colors of Expressions Tape; Green and Purple:




I love how these Mini-Books turned out! Creatively, you can use just about anything to decorate these books from your craft supplies. I'm going to use the Red Expressions Tape to make some for Valentine's Day.

All 5 of these Mini-Books are for sale in my Etsy Store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GoatGirlMH?ref=si_shop

I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday!
Goat Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment